Hi, I’m Wynter!
I’ve been writing most of my life. I love words, and I enjoy meeting other like-minded writers, bloggers, authors, and speakers.
With a background in web and graphic design and business writing, I left a successful corporate marketing career to stay home and raise our now three children. As a young wife and mom, I began freelancing my design work and small-time blogging in 2009 to chronicle our family’s adventures. In 2012 I self-published my first book.
After that I was bitten by the writing bug, and I couldn’t stop. I founded the Made to Mother Project (M2M) in 2013 to encourage, support, and inspire women all over the world by sharing their diverse stories of motherhood. I am currently in the process of publishing a book by the same title. It was through editing the thousands of stories shared on M2M that a passion grew inside me for helping other authors and speakers tell their stories and become better writers and orators.
I became the Managing Editor for the Portland Mom’s Blog in 2016, and launched a freelance editing and design service in 2017. Most recently, I enjoy appearing on camera in the newsroom! I’ve shot several guest segments on a couple local news shows. You can find them archived here:
KATU 2 Afternoon Live:
- The Ultimate Portland Trick-or-Treat Guide
- How to Pumpkin Patch Like a Pro
- Preserving Summer: A Guide to Canning and Freezing Fresh Produce
- Preparing for Back to School
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer at Home with Kids
- Where to Spoil Mom on Mother’s Day in Portland
- Spring Gardening Tips
- Spring Break Staycations
KGW 8 Portland Today:
- Portland Families Winter Bucket List
- Show Love and Fill Needs During the Holidays
- Trick-or-Treat Alternatives
- Road Trip Car Games
- Art Projects for Toddlers