Hi, I’m Wynter!
I’ve been writing most of my life. I love words, and I enjoy meeting other like-minded writers, bloggers, authors, and speakers.
With a background in web and graphic design and business writing, I left a successful corporate marketing career to stay home and raise our now three children. As a young wife and mom, I began freelancing my design work and small-time blogging in 2009 to chronicle our family’s adventures. In 2012 I self-published my first book.
After that I was bitten by the writing bug, and I couldn’t stop. I founded the Made to Mother Project (M2M) in 2013 to encourage, support, and inspire women all over the world by sharing their diverse stories of motherhood. I am currently in the process of publishing a book by the same title. It was through editing the thousands of stories shared on M2M that a passion grew inside me for helping other authors and speakers tell their stories and become better writers and orators.
I became the Managing Editor for the Portland Mom’s Blog in 2016, and launched a freelance editing and design service in 2017. Most recently, I enjoy appearing on camera in the newsroom! I’ve shot several guest segments on a couple local news shows. You can find them archived here:
KATU 2 Afternoon Live:
- The New Year’s Family Bucket List
- The Ultimate Portland Trick-or-Treat Guide
- How to Pumpkin Patch Like a Pro
- Preserving Summer: A Guide to Canning and Freezing Fresh Produce
- Preparing for Back to School
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer at Home with Kids
- Where to Spoil Mom on Mother’s Day in Portland
- Spring Gardening Tips
- Spring Break Staycations
KGW 8 Portland Today:
- Portland Families Winter Bucket List
- Show Love and Fill Needs During the Holidays
- Trick-or-Treat Alternatives
- Road Trip Car Games
- Art Projects for Toddlers
Whether you are looking for an editor for an upcoming project, or just want to say hi, I’d love to connect more with you. Drop me an email and/or follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.